Chatteris care home The Gables puts on pantomime for residents with staff as the show stars
The Gables in Chatteris held a pantomime for the residents, making members of staff the stars of the show.
The activities coordinator at the care home was tasked to put on and organise the show to the packed lounge.
It was the Friday before Christmas and Gables staff prepared for the show ahead, ‘Cinderella, a panto in rhyme’.
A spokesman said: “Our residents and lots of relatives and friends of the Gables were invited to the show, which went down an absolute storm.
“Everyone thoroughly enjoyed us all making fools of ourselves and the compliments still keep rolling in.
You may also want to watch:
“The panto was the culmination of several events at the home over the previous months including a Karaoke for Children in Need led by Carer Ryan.
“We also held a Movember Moustache Challenge, which was home grown by our Chef, Heath, raising funds for Kayla a local little girl.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“We celebrated the Queen’s Wedding Anniversary and held a party for the Chatteris Christmas Lights Switch-on and a Christmas Fair.
“The Gables has lots more events planned for 2018.”