The Hermitage care home, Whittlesey, raises £2,536 at annual fundraising day
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey care home raised over £2,500 at its 15th annual fundraising day.
The Hermitage, on St Mary’s Street, raised £2,536 for its comfort fund, used towards trips, meals and activities for its residents by opening its doors to the public last weekend.
A spokesman said: “We’re amazed yet again by the generosity of local companies, friends, families and visitors for their kind donations to our comfort fund.
“Every year we say how generous everyone is and this year proved to be an absolute success again.
“A big thank you goes to everyone who donated and helped on the day. Without the kindness shown we would never had had such a fantastic day.
You may also want to watch:
“The local community always turns out to support the day and we would like to thank everyone who joined in to make the day memorable.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens