The hits from the past are enjoyed at a Wisbech concert
- Credit: Archant
On a dismal Sunday afternoon Wisbech music group Just Sing brought back the sunshine and entranced family and friends with a showcase of all their favourite songs sung over the last seven sessions.
The event took place in the Rosebank Centre at Edina Court.
A troupe of 27 singers romped through a programme of songs from the shows, hits from yesteryear, a medley of songs from WW1 and WW2 ending with a bit of Old Time Music Hall, much to the delight of the audience who joined in.
Solos were sung by Fiona Butcher, Pat Tuthill, Mary Conway and Alan Miller and the choir was led and inspired by Lilian Miller.
The group next meets on Thursday January 8 at Edina Court from 2.30-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Aimed particularly at people with memory challenges, breathing difficulties or other long-term conditions, the group welcomes new people to come along and join them.
The project is funded by the Dosoco Foundation, a Cambridgeshire charity supporting innovative music projects for all ages and Wisbech Rotary Club.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend