The Lions push the float boat out for charity
- Credit: Archant
Good causes have benefitted to the tune of more than £3,500 thanks to generation donations of people in Whittlesey.
The annual carol float collection by Whittlesey Lions raised the massive total which will go to local charities.
Lion Steve Palmer said: “Whittlesey and District Lions Club would like to thank all the people that made generous donations.
“We made a record of over £3500 which is fantastic. Thanks also goes to the number of people from various organisations and individuals who have supported us over the years.
“Without their help we would not have been able to cover the vast collection area that we did. We would also like to thank Wetherspoon at the George and Buildbase of Whittlesey who without their help we would not have been able to revamp our carol float.”
You may also want to watch:
At present the Lions are supporting SERV which is a voluntary organisation that transports blood and breast milk between hospital during the night.
Another project is hearing dogs for the deaf. Dogs are trained to identify normal noises in the home such as a door bell or an emergency such as a fire alarm sounding. It then indicates to the deaf person accordingly so they can react to the situation.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Mr Palmer said if there were any organisations or individual in the area who needed help then contact him. All cases will be considered, he said.
Contact 01733 351405 or firstname.lastname@example.org