Special talk brings in the crowds at latest March Society event
- Credit: Archant
Members and Fenland residents alike came together for a special presentation at the March Society’s 12th annual meeting.
Those who attended were treated to a talk by Mick Matthews from the Cambridgeshire Self-Sufficiency Group, which attracted a healthy audience.
The group, based in Chatteris, meets monthly and includes a varied programme such as workshops on making beer, wine, sausages and compost.
Group members have been known to keep animals like cows, pigs and chickens, with other activities include hedge laying and basket weaving.
The March Society's next event is on Wednesday, October 9 from 7pm in March Library, where Peter Green of the National Trust will host a talk on'Wicken Fen: Past, Present and Future'.
You may also want to watch:
Entry for the event is £2 for members and £3 for non-members, with tea, coffee and biscuits available.
For more information on the March Society, visit https://www.themarchsociety.org.uk, email email@example.com, or to learn more on the Cambridgeshire Self Sufficiency Group, go to https://www.cambsselfsufficiencygroup.co.uk/.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash