Bag a chance to own gloves signed by boxing legends, Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko, in a charity auction at the GER in March
- Credit: Archant
A successful charity darts tournament comes to March again for the eighth year running to raise money for the oncology department at Peterborough City Hospital.
The event, organised by Mark Cross, aims to break the £50,000-00 barrier and has a host of celebrity goodies up for grabs in the popular auction and raffle which includes gloves signed by Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko. It will be held at the GER sports and social club in the town in March.
Mark said: “To date we have achieved a grand total of £44,579.58.
“The monies have purchased an ultra sound machine for the chemotherapy department, comfortable chairs to enhance the treatment of both chemotherapy and radiotherapy patients and nurses have been able to enjoy training courses that they otherwise would not have been able to attend.
“The department has purchased two sky ceilings for the linear accelerator bunkers which give patients the view of a summer sky while they are lying on their backs for prolonged periods of time.
You may also want to watch:
“This will help keep them relaxed and calm while receiving their treatment.
“Monies raised have also been used to fund a radiotherapy trials radiographer so that they can improve their recruitment into radiotherapy clinical trials.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Six of the eight dartboards are available for sponsorship at the event for a donation of £50.
The day will include a tombola, grand auction and draw.
Auction lots include a framed Liverpool shirt signed by the entire 2017-2018 League squad, a signed and framed Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Manchester United football shirt, boxing glove signed by Mike Tyson and boxing gloves in a presentation dome signed individually by Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko.
• Doors open at the GER at 11.30am, on Saturday March 10 with draws for the competitions taking place at 1pm, with play starting shortly afterwards.
• The darts events will include cricket triples, pairs (darts players playing with non darts players) and singles. Players will be playing for annual singles and pairs cups.
• If any individual or business would like to sponsor an auction prize with a donation email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01354 658343 / 07790 845456.