The Mayor of March says thankyou as he comes to the end of his year in office
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of March has sent a thankyou to everyone who has made his year in office such an “amazing” one.
Councillor Andrew Pugh, who is about to hand over the reigns to the new mayor, thanked his wife and daughter, the town clerk and his deputy for keeping things running smoothly.
He said: “I have been proud and thrilled to witness the talent that has been shown in this great town during this year.
“The 20/20 production of Joseph’s Coat of Many colours, the singers, comedians, dancers, artists, painters, and many more have entertained and amused the crowds at various shows and parties.
“The visits to the schools to meet the children, the Civic services, Christmas carols and Mayors balls all across the county of Cambridgeshire and beyond have all been a great privilege to attend.”
You may also want to watch:
Other events of note included the summer fetes, the Ely Cathedral Civic Service, the first March Christmas Market and attending the United States Air Force base in Alconbury, he said.
“The summer festival dressed in Robes and being chauffeured in an open top car was amazing and the turn out was fantastic so many came to support that day.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“The Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph and the Sunday parade in the town all bringing memories of those lost in the wars across the world but especially those friends I lost during my 24-year career. But what a great turn out and the parade Marshall Major Spencer did us all proud.
“St Georges day festival on Sunday the sun was shinning and defying the weather forecasters prediction and those who turned out to make the day such a great success, long may it continue to be such a great event.”
He said: “I could go on and on about the great sights and wonderful people that live right here in our wonderful Market Town of March - I have been thrilled and proud to be the Mayor and thank you all for your support in making this year such a great success.”