The Nottingham Building Society raises £250 for Billy Lee
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a building society have done their bit to help Billy Lee’s bid to get back on his own two feet.
Colleagues from the Nottingham Building Society (The Nottingham) Wisbech and March branches sprang into action with a series of fundraising events – including donning pink wigs and collecting from customers – after hearing of Billy’s plight.
They presented him with a cheque for £250 – vital cash the cancer sufferer needs to help finance a prosthetic leg and hip.
David Boyce, branch manager of both locations, said: “Billy has been through so many life changes in the last 12 months and will face some for the rest of his life, so my team and I really want to help him get the support he needs.
“We have lots more planned throughout the year to continue to raise funds.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to make a donation to Billy’s Get Back on His Own Two Feet fund can do so at either the Wisbech (9-10 Bridge Street) or March (39 Broad Street) branch.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash