‘Big thank you’ to Deborah as The One Show visits Whittlesey
- Credit: Rob Windle
A popular British television show visited Whittlesey yesterday (October 6) to surprise a woman after she’d been recognised for her continued hard work to fund defibrillators for the town.
Deborah Slator, who runs charity ‘Defibrilators for all’, was surprised by Kirsty Gallagher, presenter for BBC’s The One Show at the Buttercross.
Crowds gathered as family and friends thanked Deborah for helping to fund the defibrillators for the town and the surrounding villages.
Special video messages were sent across and displayed on a big screen for Deborah to watch.
The Dark Destroyer, Shaun Wallace from TV programme The Chase and so many other special people said kind words.
You may also want to watch:
Since the surprise, those who watched have taken to social media, congratulating Deborah.
One said it was a “fitting tribute to Deborah and everything she does for our town.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
The recording will be shown on The One Show next week.