The roof is out there
This is the site on which celebrity builder Tommy Walsh hopes to build a £60,000 eco-friendly two-bedroom house in just 60 days on a plot that cost him £60,000. It is next to St Wendreda s Church, March, and Mr Walsh plans to film the exercise for a TV se
This is the site on which celebrity builder Tommy Walsh hopes to build a £60,000 eco-friendly two-bedroom house in just 60 days on a plot that cost him £60,000.
It is next to St Wendreda's Church, March, and Mr Walsh plans to film the exercise for a TV series with the working title of Tommy's House.
The former co-host of Ground Force picked the Fens because of its "many eco friendly aspects" and he hopes work on his house can start next month.
He said: "The project is intended to inspire self-builders and small developers to consider incorporating eco-friendliness into their projects."
You may also want to watch:
He hopes this will also reduce carbon emissions without the high costs associated with current eco-friendly homes.
The site for the proposed house is in Church Street, off Wimblington Road in the Town End area.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges