The ruminations of Ermintrude
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest. Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest.
"Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced candidate with a wide experience of life and interests" says Ermintrude. "Failing that, I'll have to choose from the bunch that is putting themselves forward."
Ermintrude says she recently enjoyed the Harry Potter quiz on this newspaper's Cambs 24 web site
"Could you please invite each of the prospective candidates to do this quiz, and then publish their comparative scores," she says.
"It would help inform my decision to know, for example, that Alan Melton has a superior knowledge of quidditch than Martin Curtis.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns