The ruminations of Ermintrude
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest. Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest.
"Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced candidate with a wide experience of life and interests" says Ermintrude. "Failing that, I'll have to choose from the bunch that is putting themselves forward."
Ermintrude says she recently enjoyed the Harry Potter quiz on this newspaper's Cambs 24 web site
"Could you please invite each of the prospective candidates to do this quiz, and then publish their comparative scores," she says.
You may also want to watch:
"It would help inform my decision to know, for example, that Alan Melton has a superior knowledge of quidditch than Martin Curtis.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats