The ruminations of Ermintrude
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest. Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced
DELICIOUS correspondence from a reader calling herself Ermintrude Bannister (a most delightful nom de plume I trust) who tells me she had followed the battle to replace Malcolm Moss with some interest.
"Personally I would like a well rounded and balanced candidate with a wide experience of life and interests" says Ermintrude. "Failing that, I'll have to choose from the bunch that is putting themselves forward."
Ermintrude says she recently enjoyed the Harry Potter quiz on this newspaper's Cambs 24 web site
"Could you please invite each of the prospective candidates to do this quiz, and then publish their comparative scores," she says.
You may also want to watch:
"It would help inform my decision to know, for example, that Alan Melton has a superior knowledge of quidditch than Martin Curtis.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic