The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength at The Light in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength.
More than 250 people attended the latest film club at The Light Cinema in Wisbech, delighting Wisbech Rotary Club who organise the event.
Emma McGuire, marketing manager at The Light, said: “Silver Monday is attracting more guests every month. It is lovely to see so many people enjoying film and spending time socialising. There is clearly a great demand in Fenland for an event like this.”
The over 60s who attended packed three screens to watch popular new British film Dad’s Army after enjoying an hour of refreshments, including home-baked cakes provided by Tesco staff.
For the first time, Cambridgeshire Hearing Help attended to promote their free monthly hearing aid clinics held in Tesco’s Community Room.
You may also want to watch:
Silver Monday is open to any over 60s. The next event is March 21, when Hail, Caesar! will be shown. This comedy, set in 1950s Hollywood, is written by the Coen brothers and stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
The April film, showing on April 18, will be Eddie the Eagle.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Tickets are £2.50 which includes refreshments. To reserve tickets, come into The Light Cinema or contact Valerie Smith on 01945 860596 or Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org