The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength at The Light in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength.
More than 250 people attended the latest film club at The Light Cinema in Wisbech, delighting Wisbech Rotary Club who organise the event.
Emma McGuire, marketing manager at The Light, said: “Silver Monday is attracting more guests every month. It is lovely to see so many people enjoying film and spending time socialising. There is clearly a great demand in Fenland for an event like this.”
The over 60s who attended packed three screens to watch popular new British film Dad’s Army after enjoying an hour of refreshments, including home-baked cakes provided by Tesco staff.
For the first time, Cambridgeshire Hearing Help attended to promote their free monthly hearing aid clinics held in Tesco’s Community Room.
Silver Monday is open to any over 60s. The next event is March 21, when Hail, Caesar! will be shown. This comedy, set in 1950s Hollywood, is written by the Coen brothers and stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
The April film, showing on April 18, will be Eddie the Eagle.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
Tickets are £2.50 which includes refreshments. To reserve tickets, come into The Light Cinema or contact Valerie Smith on 01945 860596 or Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org