The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength at The Light in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Silver Monday film club is going from strength to strength.
More than 250 people attended the latest film club at The Light Cinema in Wisbech, delighting Wisbech Rotary Club who organise the event.
Emma McGuire, marketing manager at The Light, said: “Silver Monday is attracting more guests every month. It is lovely to see so many people enjoying film and spending time socialising. There is clearly a great demand in Fenland for an event like this.”
The over 60s who attended packed three screens to watch popular new British film Dad’s Army after enjoying an hour of refreshments, including home-baked cakes provided by Tesco staff.
For the first time, Cambridgeshire Hearing Help attended to promote their free monthly hearing aid clinics held in Tesco’s Community Room.
Silver Monday is open to any over 60s. The next event is March 21, when Hail, Caesar! will be shown. This comedy, set in 1950s Hollywood, is written by the Coen brothers and stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
The April film, showing on April 18, will be Eddie the Eagle.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
Tickets are £2.50 which includes refreshments. To reserve tickets, come into The Light Cinema or contact Valerie Smith on 01945 860596 or Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org