Six year old touched by stories of poverty donates her own money and raises much more to buy those less fortunate Easter eggs
- Credit: Archant
A young girl’s campaign to help others has seen her collect Easter eggs for three food banks, three women’s refuges and a children’s ward of a local hospital.
Elizabeth Frazer-Wicks aged 6 from Tydd St Giles decided to raise money to buy Easter eggs for children who may otherwise not get one.
Her mum Angela said: “She made this decision after speaking to me about the number of children currently living in poverty in the UK.
“She thought it was very sad that these children didn’t have enough money for treats, including Easter eggs.”
Elizabeth decided to empty all of her money boxes and use the money to buy eggs. She had a total of £10 but she wanted to raise more.
You may also want to watch:
Angela said; “Once her teachers and friends at Kinderley Primary School found out they joined her and helped by donating eggs too.
“Her friends and family across the country wanted to help as well so her daddy had to set up a Just Giving page.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
All together she collected dozens of eggs and raised over £100. She was able to donate eggs to three local food banks, three women’s refuges and the children’s ward at Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn.
Her mum said: “When we asked what she would like for Easter she said ‘I wish all four million children living in poverty could have a fantastic Easter”.