Theatre group thrill crowd at Doddington Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
Future Stars Youth Theatre put on their annual summer show at Doddington Village Hall at the weekend.
The musical variety show titled ‘I Believe’ had a cast of 48 children ranging from four to 15-year-olds.
The children performed musical excerpts from Cats, The Lion King, Matilda and Hairspray as well as other well-known songs.
The show was produced by Future Stars creator Vicki Mason who runs weekly theatre schools teaching singing, dancing and acting.
The schools are held at St Mary’s Church Rooms, Doddington on Monday and Friday evenings and at St Andrew’s Parish Hall, Whittlesey on Sunday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The children had been working very hard in their musical theatre classes rehearsing for the show and the hard work certainly paid off as it was a huge success.
“Over the summer holidays I will be running some one-day musical theatre workshops where children will work on songs, dances and scripts from popular shows with a performance to parents at the end of the session.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
The workshops take place on August 1 (Doddington, aged four to 11), August 3 (Whittlesey, 11-15-year-olds) and August 26 (Doddington, 11-15-year-olds).
Workshops run from 1pm till 5pm and cost £13 each.
To book a place call Vicki on 07906 919145.