Rascals Theatre School will see children from Doddington take to West End stage to celebrate 20th birthday year
- Credit: Archant
A theatre group for youngsters in Doddington is celebrating its 20th birthday with a special performance in one of London’s iconic West End Theatres.
Rascals Theatre School’s Troupe of Children from the Doddington Branch will be part of 220 children from the groups other branches in Essex, to take the stage of Her Majesty’s Theatre on May 6 for a greatest hits packed show.
Owners of Rascals, Diane and Dan Neave set up the business in 1997 with the aim of inspiring children by promoting confidence, character and creativity.
The couple said: “We have been blessed over the years with fantastic children attending our classes, supportive and encouraging parents and inspiring, dedicated teachers.
“We have created some amazing memories and achieved many great things, including performances at Disney,Royal Albert Hall, the O2, Sadler’s Wells and Her Majesty’s Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“But it is the little milestones that children achieve every day in our classes that have made us feel the proudest.
“The child that suddenly finds the confidence to say their name out loud, the little one that suddenly turns a hop into a skip, the child that can suddenly sing a solo in class despite never being able to stand up in front of their peers before and the many children that take their brave first steps into a show.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
The 20th anniversary show will include a mixture of classic musical numbers.
Visit www.rascals-uk.com for more information.