Have you seen him? Police hunt for man in connection with theft of 12-year-old’s mobile phone from self-service checkouts at Cambridgeshire Sainsbury’s
- Credit: Supplied/Cambs Cops
Police would like to speak to a man spotted on CCTV after a 12-year-old boy’s mobile phone was stolen in a Cambridgeshire supermarket.
Images have been released of the man leaving the Sainsbury's store in Bretton with the youngster's mobile phone after he left it at the self-service checkouts.
The boy returned to the Bretton Centre store later that day (September 6) after he realised that he left the phone behind, only to find that it had gone.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We have released CCTV images of a man we want to speak with in connection with the theft of a mobile phone in Bretton.
"The victim was using the self-service checkouts in Sainsbury's supermarket in Bretton Centre at about 6.15pm on Friday, September 6, when he left his phone behind.
You may also want to watch:
"He returned to the store a short while later once he'd realised he had left his phone at the checkout, to find it had gone.
"Officers would like to speak with the man in the CCTV images in connection with the theft."
Anyone with information is asked to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting 35/64253/19 or call 101.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home