Therapeutic art classes, seaside trips and support thanks to a March-based group that helps people suffering long term illness
- Credit: Archant
A group that supports people who suffer long term illness has been presented with a cheque to help fund the cost of a seaside holiday.
Positive People Care, who meets weekly at the Griffin in March, were given the money from March Lions.
The group supports anybody with a long term or terminal illness including mental health illness, Alzheimer’s and cancer, and they also support the carers who are looking after them.
The donation was towards the cost of a FACT minibus which will be used to transport members for a holiday by the seaside.
The group meet every Monday or Tuesday at The Griffin Hotel from 11.45 am.
You may also want to watch:
For details about join the Lions contact them on Facebook.
Positive People Care helps with a range of thing including taking people shopping, subsidised coach trips and holidays three times a year.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
The group arranges everything to help people get better and back into the community and work where appropriate.
Group founders have been funded by the National Lottery, Cambridgeshire Community Foundation and Assent and Cambridge Rag.
They also take part in therapeutic art and craft once a week at March Town Hall.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.