There is still time to enter the March Gardens Competition 2016
- Credit: Archant
Entries have started to come in for the re-launched March Gardens Competition.
Among those green-fingered residents entering the competition, which this year is being run by avid gardeners Paul and Maria Nielsen-Bom together with former mayor Councillor Rob Skoulding, is Ann Cross.
She has entered her garden at Worsley Chase in the medium garden category.
Paul and Maria regularly open their garden at their home Beaver Lodge, 45 Henson Road for the National Garden Society as well as for charity.
The Nielsen-Boms are sponsoring the event through Paul’s firm Beaver Homes and they will be on the judging panel.
You may also want to watch:
There are four categories: small, medium and large garden and also business/charity/organisation garden.
Judging will take place over the weekend of July 9 and 10, so there is still time to get your garden entered. The judging team will visit all the entries scoring them on a number of points.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
Beaver Homes is sponsoring the large garden category (gardens of 200sqm or more).
Cllr Skoulding, through the Oliver Crowmell Hotel, is sponsoring the business category.
Johnson’s Ironmongers in Dartford Road is sponsoring the small gardens, while Amical Veterinary Centre is sponsoring the medium gardens.
Category winners will go forward for the ‘Best Garden Overall’ award which is sponsored by Ridgeons.
There will be a prize presentation evening when all entrants will be invited to attend.
If you love gardening and think your garden deserves recognition then submit a photograph, together with your name, address and day time contact phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal entries can be submitted to: Garden competition, Beaver Lodge, 45 Henson Road, March, PE15 8BA.
Paul and Maria are opening their garden for the NGS over the coming weeks, so those looking for tips or who enjoy a beautiful garden, might like to pop along on the following dates: Saturday June 25, Sunday June 26, Saturday August 20, Sunday August 21 (10.30am to 4pm). Admission £3, children free. Homemade teas and plant sale.