These are the community Links we provide
IN response to a letter from Councillor Paul Clapp on February 2, Fenland Links is a Neighbourhood Management Pathfinder programme for the Fens, covering Waterlees in Wisbech and the Parishes of Elm, Christchurch, Wisbech St Mary and Parson Drove. The pro
IN response to a letter from Councillor Paul Clapp on February 2, Fenland Links is a Neighbourhood Management Pathfinder programme for the Fens, covering Waterlees in Wisbech and the Parishes of Elm, Christchurch, Wisbech St Mary and Parson Drove.
The programme, funded by central government for seven years, is designed to work with local communities to improve local services to meet residents' needs. Its accountable body is the county council.
It has been running for two years and is directed by a board chaired by Cllr Jill Tuck. It includes community representation from areas including Waterlees.
Priorities include community engagement and participation with young people. In the past two years, holiday activities, reading activities, a neighbourhood food project and a skate park in the Waterlees area have been the result of partnership working facilitated by Fenland Links.
Community House plays host to the teen volunteers group and 'Secret Garden' group. New in post last month is the Youthoria worker who will work with young people to encourage involvement and use of IT facilities including music and photographic projects.
The Oasis Village Centre in Waterlees has been refurbished and offers health, advice, training and IT provision as well as meeting facilities.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 9 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found