They are in the altogether, but altogether, the altogether, It’s altogether the very least the team has ever worn
- Credit: Archant
SUPPORTERS of the popular Wilburton Beer Festival have stripped off for a charity calendar.
The unique calendar, which runs from June this year until June 2014, features dozens of people who form part of the festival’s organising committee or who have supported the event over its 15 years.
As well as staff at Stretham-based Pickled Pig cider stripping off, Haddenham butchers Harnwell & Sons have also joined in, with plenty of other willing volunteers besides.
Committee members hope the calendar, priced at £10, will help raise much-needed extra funds for the festival’s chosen causes this year; a new playpark for the children of Wilburton and the Liam Fairhurst Foundation.
Over the 15 years it has been running, the festival has raised more than £40,000 for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 50 copies of the calendar were supplied free of charge to organisers by Easiprint, based in Eynesbury, to whom the committee expressed their thanks this week.
Committee member Stephen Thompson said: “The calendar features a lot of very brave people posing at some scenic sites around the village as well as many of our supporters.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“It has a real community ownership to it and it includes lots of Wilburton dates so people won’t miss out on anything that is happening around the village.”
To pick up a copy, visit www.wilburton.org.uk