Thief robs Chinese take away whilst owner’s back is turned and makes off with cash
A THIEF has stolen the takings from a Chinese take away whilst the owner’s back was turned.
Police are appealing for witnesses to a theft that took place at the Chinese takeaway on the High Street in Long Sutton on Saturday night.
At approx 11.30pm, a man entered the shop and ordered food.
A police spokesman said: “Whilst the server’s back was turned, the offender reached over the counter and grabbed the drawer from the till before running from the shop.”
The man is described as a white man, of skinny build, who got into a car parked nearby. The car was possibly a silver coloured Astra.
You may also want to watch:
Approx �200 was stolen during the burglary.
Anyone with information should contact Spalding Police Station by dialling 101. Report crimes anonymously by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital