Thief robs Chinese take away whilst owner’s back is turned and makes off with cash
A THIEF has stolen the takings from a Chinese take away whilst the owner’s back was turned.
Police are appealing for witnesses to a theft that took place at the Chinese takeaway on the High Street in Long Sutton on Saturday night.
At approx 11.30pm, a man entered the shop and ordered food.
A police spokesman said: “Whilst the server’s back was turned, the offender reached over the counter and grabbed the drawer from the till before running from the shop.”
The man is described as a white man, of skinny build, who got into a car parked nearby. The car was possibly a silver coloured Astra.
Approx �200 was stolen during the burglary.
Anyone with information should contact Spalding Police Station by dialling 101. Report crimes anonymously by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body