Thieves drag 180kg septic tank across two fields after stealing it from March firm
THIEVES dragged a huge septic tank weighing about 180kg across two fields after stealing it from a firm in March.
Offenders broke through a hedge to access the yard in Norwood Road between noon on Saturday and 7.30am yesterday.
They stole the heavy fibreglass tank, which was two-and-a-half metres tall and two metres wide, from a lorry before dragging or rolling it through two fields and three small dykes.
It is thought that they loaded it onto another vehicle in a car park in Melbourne Avenue before making off.
PCSO Rachael Cheverton, investigating, said: “It is likely to have required at least two people to drag and roll this tank through the fields and would have taken quite a while for them to reach Melbourne Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who saw the tank being stolen or knows where it is now to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call PCSO Cheverton on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer