Thieves strike six Fenland homes in weekend spate of burglaries
FENLAND residents have been warned to be on their guard after a spate of six house burglaries over the weekend.
Six homes were burgled in Wisbech, Parson Drove, Murrow and Leverington between Friday (April 29) and Monday (May 2). Two attempted break-ins were also reported during that time.
Offenders stole jewellery and electrical items.
PC Thomas Herbert, from the Priority Crime Team, said: “It is tempting to leave windows open during this warmer weather, however, I would urge residents to ensure their doors and windows are locked and secure at night.
“We are increasing patrols in the area and would encourage residents to report any suspicious activity.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Herbert on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’