Thieves strike six Fenland homes in weekend spate of burglaries
FENLAND residents have been warned to be on their guard after a spate of six house burglaries over the weekend.
Six homes were burgled in Wisbech, Parson Drove, Murrow and Leverington between Friday (April 29) and Monday (May 2). Two attempted break-ins were also reported during that time.
Offenders stole jewellery and electrical items.
PC Thomas Herbert, from the Priority Crime Team, said: “It is tempting to leave windows open during this warmer weather, however, I would urge residents to ensure their doors and windows are locked and secure at night.
“We are increasing patrols in the area and would encourage residents to report any suspicious activity.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Herbert on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward