Think pink, beat cancer
Get in the pink this autumn and raise money for a good cause at Fenland District Council s Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey. The Manor has organised a Breast Cancer fund-raising Pink Aerobic event on Sunday, October 7, at which there will be a wide rang
Get in the pink this autumn and raise money for a good cause at Fenland District Council's Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey.
The Manor has organised a Breast Cancer fund-raising Pink Aerobic event on Sunday, October 7, at which there will be a wide range of events and classes and health talks for a one-off entrance fee of £15. Everyone who attends is encouraged to wear something pink in support of the cancer charity
The Manor is offering classes between 10am and 4pm, which include belly dancing, salsa dancing, meditation-style yoga, pilates, exercise to music, aquafit sessions, body combat, body pumping and group cycling as well as a raffle and refreshments.
The event is open to all ages, with the exception of Aquafit, which is for people who are aged 14 or above and the body pump sessions for which people have to be over 16.
You may also want to watch:
Although it is not a requirement, the organisers are keen for participants to use the event to challenge themselves and to seek sponsorship to fund the fight against breast cancer.
The event will operate on a first come first served basis and sign-up forms are available in advance from the Manor. It is also possible to sign up on the door on the day.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone who would like to know more about the event should contact Karen Mucklin on 01733 350584.
Cllr Steve Garratt, portfolio holder for young people and leisure, said: "The Pink Aerobics event is a wonderful opportunity to try new classes, have fun and raise money for a really worthwhile cause and I would encourage everyone to get down to the Manor and take part.