This is our fun way of trying to get you involved in a very serious issue
I’m writing to encourage readers of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to get involved in the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign’s film fundraising event ‘At the Movies’.
You may have seen the tongue-in-cheek photo of me and my husband Neil dressed as Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze from the film Ghost. It’s a fun way of getting a serious message across. There are 70,000 babies, children and adults in the UK with muscle-wasting conditions. This initiative is a wonderful way of having fun, but more importantly will raise thousands of pounds for research into these degenerative conditions.
I hope that everyone is inspired to join in and support a charity that is dear to my heart.
To find out more visit www.muscular-dystrophy.org/movies
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim