This is our fun way of trying to get you involved in a very serious issue
I’m writing to encourage readers of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to get involved in the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign’s film fundraising event ‘At the Movies’.
You may have seen the tongue-in-cheek photo of me and my husband Neil dressed as Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze from the film Ghost. It’s a fun way of getting a serious message across. There are 70,000 babies, children and adults in the UK with muscle-wasting conditions. This initiative is a wonderful way of having fun, but more importantly will raise thousands of pounds for research into these degenerative conditions.
I hope that everyone is inspired to join in and support a charity that is dear to my heart.
To find out more visit www.muscular-dystrophy.org/movies
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash