This is our fun way of trying to get you involved in a very serious issue
I’m writing to encourage readers of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to get involved in the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign’s film fundraising event ‘At the Movies’.
You may have seen the tongue-in-cheek photo of me and my husband Neil dressed as Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze from the film Ghost. It’s a fun way of getting a serious message across. There are 70,000 babies, children and adults in the UK with muscle-wasting conditions. This initiative is a wonderful way of having fun, but more importantly will raise thousands of pounds for research into these degenerative conditions.
I hope that everyone is inspired to join in and support a charity that is dear to my heart.
To find out more visit www.muscular-dystrophy.org/movies
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 2 Victim claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 4 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 5 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 10 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes