Thomas Clarkson Academy’s �35million revelopment given Rotary Club’s seal of approval
THE Thomas Clarkson Academy has received a glowing endorsement from members and friends of Wisbech Rotary Club.
The guests were given a guided tour of the academy’s new �35million buildings by Clare Claxton, Principal, who later spoke to them about her vision for the future.
Discussions are ongoing about developing further links between the academy and the club,
Bill Redmayre, Wisbech Rotary Club secretary, said: “We were extremely impressed, not only by the stunning buildings, but also by the enthusiasm of the head to improve the acadmemy and make an impact on the young people of Wisbech.
“This academy is marvellous for the town.”
You may also want to watch:
The Rotary club is already involved in creative writing and young chef competitions at the academy.
Clare is excited about the prospect of Rotary Club members becoming more involved with the students in a mentoring capacity.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
She said: “The Rotary Club has been talking about holding mock interviews for the students and members coming in to give talks.”