Thomas Clarkson Academy staff go fancy dress mad for World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fenland college ditched their traditional attire and let their imaginations run wild when they dressed up as their favourite literary characters.
About 40 members of staff turned up at Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech wearing fancy dress to promote World Book Day.
The most popular books were The Wizard of Oz and there were a number of Harry Potter characters – with vice principal Lisa Ling dressing as Hogwarts headmistress Dolores Umbridge.
Librarian Debbie Trafford, who organised the event said: “There have been some fantastic costumes, with some staff even making their own creations.
“My particular favourites were Dolores Umbridge and Mr Dollis also looked great as Mr Darcy – complete with cravat.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the day, students took part in a quiz to guess all of the characters.
All students were also given a book token which they could exchange in school for one of World Book Day’s reads.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review