Thomas Clarkson CC in Wisbech closed after major water leak - but science exams go ahead as planned
THOMAS Clarkson Community College in Wisbech is closed today (Friday) because of a major water leak.
The leak was discovered late yesterday and has flooded the school’s boiler house. As a result, the school’s water supply has been shut off while contractors discover the source.
A spokesman said: “Because we have had to shut down the water supply there is no water for toilets, handwashing or preparing food in the canteen. So the decision was taken to close the school.”
However, planned science modular exams for Year 10 and Year 11 students are going ahead as planned with transport still running as usual so students can attend without any inconvenience.
The school is currently undergoing a �25million transformation under the Building Schools for the Future initiative. The scheme was approved for Fenland’s schools before the government axed funding last summer.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said it is currently unclear whether the leak is related to the work.
• Have you been affected by the school’s closure today? E-mail email@example.com or post your comments below.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s