Thomas Clarkson CC in Wisbech closed after major water leak - but science exams go ahead as planned
THOMAS Clarkson Community College in Wisbech is closed today (Friday) because of a major water leak.
The leak was discovered late yesterday and has flooded the school’s boiler house. As a result, the school’s water supply has been shut off while contractors discover the source.
A spokesman said: “Because we have had to shut down the water supply there is no water for toilets, handwashing or preparing food in the canteen. So the decision was taken to close the school.”
However, planned science modular exams for Year 10 and Year 11 students are going ahead as planned with transport still running as usual so students can attend without any inconvenience.
The school is currently undergoing a �25million transformation under the Building Schools for the Future initiative. The scheme was approved for Fenland’s schools before the government axed funding last summer.
The spokesman said it is currently unclear whether the leak is related to the work.
• Have you been affected by the school’s closure today? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or post your comments below.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack