Vote for Thomas Eaton school at Wimblington to get community funding to help them revamp their library
- Credit: Archant
Parents at Thomas Eaton school in Wimblington are calling for people to vote for them to receive community funding to give the school’s library a make over.
The parent teacher association is hoping to be short listed to receive money from the Aviva community fund.
Anne Appleby from the school PTA, says “In 2018 Thomas Eaton will be 200 years old. Our children deserve to be able to experience a wide range of authors and writing styles.
“They should be able to get lost in a book and let their imagination run wild.
“I think being able to give the children this much needed refreshed and revitalised library would be a fantastic way of celebrating this landmark in the school’s history.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love it if you could help by voting for Thomas Eaton School PTA.”
The school is relying on votes to increase their chances of winning funding of up to £5,000 which would enable them to give their school library a much needed face lift.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
They say they need new furniture and book storage facilities to make the room a welcoming place that the children want to use.
They then want to fill it with books covering the whole curriculum, including reading books for pleasure
To vote for Thomas Eaton School PTA visit the Aviva Community Fund website before November 21.