Vote for Thomas Eaton school at Wimblington to get community funding to help them revamp their library
- Credit: Archant
Parents at Thomas Eaton school in Wimblington are calling for people to vote for them to receive community funding to give the school’s library a make over.
The parent teacher association is hoping to be short listed to receive money from the Aviva community fund.
Anne Appleby from the school PTA, says “In 2018 Thomas Eaton will be 200 years old. Our children deserve to be able to experience a wide range of authors and writing styles.
“They should be able to get lost in a book and let their imagination run wild.
“I think being able to give the children this much needed refreshed and revitalised library would be a fantastic way of celebrating this landmark in the school’s history.
“We would love it if you could help by voting for Thomas Eaton School PTA.”
The school is relying on votes to increase their chances of winning funding of up to £5,000 which would enable them to give their school library a much needed face lift.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Dr Who/Alice in Wonderland parody mashup performance comes to March this Summer
- 10 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
They say they need new furniture and book storage facilities to make the room a welcoming place that the children want to use.
They then want to fill it with books covering the whole curriculum, including reading books for pleasure
To vote for Thomas Eaton School PTA visit the Aviva Community Fund website before November 21.