Thousands enjoy throwback to the ‘80s at Doddington Carnival and Sports Day
- Credit: Archant
Thousands lined the streets of Doddington at the weekend as the village held its 30th carnival and sports day.
Based on the theme ‘back to the ‘80’s’ the carnival procession started the day with colourful costumes, music and floats.
A samba band and cadets marched through the village during the busy Saturday morning.
During the sports afternoon hundreds of children took part in running and obstacle races, whilst the soapbox race was won by Jason Shepherd and his son Joseph for the second year in a row.
The partying carried on into the early hours as a DJ played at The Three Tuns pub making sure people danced the night away.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Duncan-Finn said on social media: “Sincere thanks to all that were involved with the planning and delivery of another amazing carnival. It really was a first class day.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital