Thousands of pounds worth of equipment stolen from Emneth Construction yard found - just over two miles away
- Credit: Archant
An Emneth construction company is celebrating after equipment valued at around £20,000 that was stolen from its yard has been found – a little over two miles away.
Emneth Construction was faced with a bleak start to 2017 after it was targeted by thieves overnight on Tuesday January 3, where four trailers and a six-tonne cement breaker – valued at around £6,000 – were stolen.
However, today (January 5) the company has been reunited with the equipment after a friend of the family-owned business stumbled across it whilst walking around his land just a five minute drive away at Cowlake Drove.
Linda Chilvers, company secretary, said: “Somebody my husband knows was out checking on his land when he found all the equipment – and a few other things we hadn’t realised had gone – behind a derelict bungalow.
“We couldn’t have wished for a better outcome.”
You may also want to watch:
Thieves cut through a bolt to gain entry to the company’s yard on Lady’s Drove, before stealing a cement breaker and four trailers – believed to be worth up to £3,000 each.
The break-in wasn’t caught on CCTV, as the company is in the process of having cameras fitted.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The equipment is now being returned to the yard.