Thousands visit Red Tractor approved Park Farm to support open weekend
MORE than 3,500 people visited Park Farm in Thorney at the weekend as it opened its doors for the annual Open Farm and Vintage Weekend.
The event - supported by the Red Tractor (the quality food assurance logo) and the National Farmers Union - was organised by local farmers. It was set up to teach people about the care and attention that goes into farming and to highlight the real story behind food production.
Michael Sly, NFU member at farmer at Park Farm, said: “The weekend was a resounding success.
“We joined forces with Red Tractor to help raise awareness of the quality assurance mark and the event was a must for anyone interested in discovering how farmers produce food and the ways we care for the countryside.”
“Shoppers may have recognised the logo from their trips to the supermarket and Park Farm is already a Red Tractor approved farm. I have been working to meet these standards for many years now. It proves to my customers the high standards of production, safety and animal welfare maintained on our farm.”
Hundreds of visitors signed a giant Red Tractor wheel over the weekend to show their support for great food and good farming.
Sheep shearing, potato picking, tractor rides and a mini farmers market were just some of the other attractions on offer during the weekend.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward