Three assailants sought
THREE assaults are being investigated by March Police, including an early morning assault on a woman cyclist who fought off her attacker on her way to work. The woman was cycling to work at 7.25am last Wednesday morning when she was approached by an unkno
THREE assaults are being investigated by March Police, including an early morning assault on a woman cyclist who fought off her attacker on her way to work.
The woman was cycling to work at 7.25am last Wednesday morning when she was approached by an unknown man who tried to steal her handbag from the basket on her cycle.
The handbag strap was wrapped around the handlebars for security reasons, said a police spokesman, and the man was unable to grab it.
"But he caused the victim and her bike to topple to the floor and when she got up the male kicked her in the lower back," said the spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
That night another woman was attacked outside the Tesco petrol station in Hostmoor shortly after 11pm.
A 27-year-old woman was grabbed from behind and pushed against a wall. The offender then ran off.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
The woman was left shocked and upset by the ordeal but was uninjured.
Detective Constable Chris Ashworth, said: "We need to trace the man responsible for this assault, and any information, no matter how trivial it may seem, could help us to do that."
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Ashworth at March Police Station on 0845 456 456 4, or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Police are also appealing for witnesses to an assault during which a man was pushed to the floor and kicked.
The incident happened at just after 3.45pm on January 18, near the Superdrug store in Fenland Walk, March. A man was approached by two men and assaulted.
The men are described as white and over six feet tall. One of them is further described as wearing a white duffle coat and baseball cap.