Three Counties Running Club take on Storm Freya in Cambridge’s Saucony Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Runners braved the wet, cold streets of Cambridge to join 9000 in the Saucony Half Marathon.
Luckily, Storm Freya didn’t hit but Three Counties Running Club members definitely made their mark.
Personal bests were claimed by seven members on what was a rather miserable day.
The 13.1 miles starts and finishes at Midsummer Common while taking in the historic sights of the beautiful city.
Lee Johnson was the first club member to finish in a cracking PB of 1:29:34 and also finishing in the top 550 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Next across the line was Tim Clough with a great PB 1:33:31 followed closely by Graham Rushmer with a sprint finish to claim a time of 1:34:29.
Nicole Coughlin was the first female TCRC member to finish in a great time of 1:40:16 a head of Matthew Knott and Michelle Brown who ran the entire race together finishing in 1:48:59 with both claiming PB’s.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
There was a nice steady finish of club members with Matt Hunter finishing in 1:54:30PB, Anthony Coultard 1:56:57PB, Emily Clarke 2:02:43PB and Leanne Taylor 2:28:40.
Junior Parkrun saw a great turnout of 45 runners with 6 TCRC Junior members taking part.
First home for the club juniors was Hayden Hall in 9:18 followed by Maisie Macdonald 9:23, Keira Fines 9:51PB, Issac Western 11:42, Stephanie Harbord 12:22 and Kallum Hall 15:11.
Club members Sandra Rhodes and Sarah-Jane Macdonald were supporting as volunteers.
Other Parkrun results
Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 20:55
Jonny Clark 21:50
Mark Mattless 22:46
Colin Apps 24:01
Alice Ingman 26:42
Teresa Rodrigues 26:43
Sarah Lamb 30:54
Steve Whitelam 34:01
Donna Johnson 29:00
William Durkin 28:08
Steve Rhodes 24:24
Sandra Rhodes 35:37
Three Counties Running Club is next flying the flag at the Cambridge Boundary Run on March 10 and the Sublime 10k and Shouldham XC Series on March 17.