Three dead after two separate crashes at opposite ends of county within 30 minutes
- Credit: Archant
Three people died in two separate crashes at opposite ends of the county within half an hour of each other yesterday.
A man died following a crash on the A16 at around 4.04pm close to Welland Road.
The man was a passenger in a grey Vauxhall Vectra that was involved in a collision with a Landrover Discover.
A 51-year-old man from London who was driving the Vauxhall Vectra received serious but not life-threatening injuries. The driver of the landrover, a 63 year-old man from Melton Mowbray, also received serious but not life-threatening injuries.
Barely half an hour later two men died following a collision on the westbound carriageway of the A14.
You may also want to watch:
The men died when the Ford Transit they were travelling in was involved in a collision with three HGVs at about 4.30pm near Swavesey.
The ambulance service attended, but the men were pronounced dead at the scene. Fire crews were also at the scene.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Anyone who saw either collision should contact the road policing unit by calling 101.