Three fire crews called to tackle house blaze in Wisbech - five casualties treated for smoke inhalation
- Credit: Archant
Five occupants were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out early today.
Three fire crews were called out in the early hours of today to tackle a house blaze in Wisbech.
At 2.04am on Wednesday firefighters attended the fire in Ramnoth Road.
A fire service spokesman said: “This was a fire on the ground floor of a two storey house.
“Wearing breathing apparatus crews extinguished the fire using a hose reel. Five casualties required treatment for smoke inhalation and were left in the care of ambulance crews. The crews returned to stations by 4.20am.”
You may also want to watch:
Cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award