Three men, all wearing balaclavas, force their way into Emneth house, attack a man in his 60s, and flee with £1,000
- Credit: Archant
Three men, all wearing balaclavas, forced their way into a house in Emneth last night, attacked and robbed a man of £1,000, and fled.
Police said they were called to an address in The Wroe shortly before 11pm following reports three men, all wearing balaclavas, forced their way into a property via a rear patio door.
Detective Constable Emma Cross, who is investigating the incident, said: “The suspects demanded money from the victim, a man in his late 60s, who was threatened and hit on the arm. Intruders got away with more than £1,000 in cash before fleeing the scene.
“The victim suffered a slight bruising and was understandably left extremely shaken by what happened.
“A number of police resources including armed units and the NPAS helicopter (National Police Air Service), were deployed to the area to carry out searches which proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed anything unusual in this area late last night or has knowledge of those responsible.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Cross at King’s Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend