Three men- including two from Wisbech area- arrested after supermarket robberies
THREE men –including two from the Wisbech area- have been charged with burglary following two early morning raids on supermarkets in West Norfolk.
Budgens at Dersingham and Tesco Express, in nearby Heacham, were targeted in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Budgens was broken into at 1.47am, while an attempt was made to break into the Tesco Express at 4.48am.
Both stores were sealed off while officers carried out their investigations and gathered evidence, before they reopened before noon on Thursday.
Police made arrests in connection with the raids on Thursday and confirmed that three men had been charged with two counts of robbery.
The men who have been charged are Scott Dale, 22, of Chase Street, Wisbech; Michael Moore, 40, of Murrow Lane in Parson Drove, near Wisbech and Kristian Butcher, 20, of St Peters Road in West Lynn.
Dale and Moore were detained in police custody and appeared before Norwich Magistrates Court on Saturday.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Butcher has been released on bail to attend King’s Lynn Magistrates Court on Friday, May 4.