Three motorcyclists fall from their bikes on the same road, on the same day and suffer similar injuries in Doddington
- Credit: Archant
It is often said that bad luck comes in threes – and that was certainly the case on one road in Doddington yesterday.
Three motorcyclists fell off their bikes and suffered similar injuries in three separate incidents within an unlucky two-hour spell at Benwick Road.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust received three separate calls - starting at 1.30pm to a man in his 20s who had suffered a suspected broken arm.
Just over half an hour later – at around 2.09pm – paramedics treated a teenage boy who had fallen and broken his wrist. He was taken to Peterborough City Hospital for further care.
The third and final call out was made at 3.10pm to a man who had suffered a dislocated shoulder. He was also taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road - which connects the village to neighbouring Benwick - features a handful of tight bends and a number of bumps - which could be to blame for yesterday’s unfortunate events.
The landlord of nearby pub, The Three Tuns, says it’s no surprise there were accidents on the road.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
Rob Leonard said: “The roads are quite bumpy down there - but they are everywhere around here.
“I didn’t see anything on the day but I saw a mention of it on Facebook.”
The accidents came in the same week that the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH) Road Policing Unit launched their new ‘Whose world are you?’ biker safety campaign.