Three outstanding foster carers are praised in an awards ceremony in March
- Credit: Archant
Foster carers from Fenland have received long service awards to recognise their work with Cambridgeshire’s looked after children and young people.
They joined carers from across the county to take part in the county council’s Foster Carer Awards Ceremony, held at The Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
Three families received awards at the ceremony. They were:
• Vicki Allen and her son Reuben from March who have been fostering for 5 years
• Debbie and Frank Croxford from Tydd St Giles who have been fostering for 10 years
You may also want to watch:
• Frank and Jenny Snow who have been fostering for 25 years
Councillor Joan Whitehead, chair of the Children and Young People’s Committee, who presented the awards said: “It was a great honour to join so many of our dedicated foster carers at this event and to celebrate the vital role they play in transforming the lives of local children and young people.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
The event is an annual celebration of the local authority’s foster carers and is an opportunity for foster carers, their children and the children they foster to get together for an evening of fun and entertainment.
• To find out more information about fostering with Cambridgeshire County Council please call 0800 052 0078 or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering.