Three outstanding foster carers are praised in an awards ceremony in March
- Credit: Archant
Foster carers from Fenland have received long service awards to recognise their work with Cambridgeshire’s looked after children and young people.
They joined carers from across the county to take part in the county council’s Foster Carer Awards Ceremony, held at The Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
Three families received awards at the ceremony. They were:
• Vicki Allen and her son Reuben from March who have been fostering for 5 years
• Debbie and Frank Croxford from Tydd St Giles who have been fostering for 10 years
• Frank and Jenny Snow who have been fostering for 25 years
Councillor Joan Whitehead, chair of the Children and Young People’s Committee, who presented the awards said: “It was a great honour to join so many of our dedicated foster carers at this event and to celebrate the vital role they play in transforming the lives of local children and young people.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
The event is an annual celebration of the local authority’s foster carers and is an opportunity for foster carers, their children and the children they foster to get together for an evening of fun and entertainment.
• To find out more information about fostering with Cambridgeshire County Council please call 0800 052 0078 or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering.