Three people from Cambridgeshire arrested in connection with suspected £4million VAT and money laundering fraud
- Credit: Archant
Two men and a women from Cambridge were among 10 people arrested in connection with a suspected £4million fraud.
They were arrested by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) officers as part of a nationwide investigation into a suspected £4 million VAT and money laundering fraud linked to the transport industry.
HMRC searched eight addresses yesterday across Cambridgeshire, Surrey, Essex and Yorkshire, as well as four addresses in Counties Tyrone and Down.
The ten people were questioned by HMRC and have been released on bail. Computers, mobile phones and paperwork, as well as cash, were seized as part of the operation and investigations are ongoing.
Those arrested have been bailed until November 2015
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Taylor, assistant director, Criminal Investigation, HMRC, said: “This action sends a firm message to anyone involved in or considering fraud against HMRC. We treat this crime very seriously and will not hesitate to investigate those suspected of stealing money from vital public services.”
Anyone with information about people who may be involved in tax fraud can contact the Tax Evasion Hotline on 0800 788 887.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
Two men, aged 34 and 57, and a woman, aged 41, were arrested at three addresses in Cambridge.
A man, aged 52, was arrested at an address in the Borough of Runnymede, Surrey.
A man, aged 57, was arrested at an address in the Basildon area of Essex.
A man, aged 50, was arrested in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Two men, aged 25 and 31, were arrested at addresses in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.
A man, aged 40, was arrested in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire.
A man, aged 35, was arrested in County Down, Northern Ireland.