Three sisters from Tydd St Giles make it to finals of national catwalk challenge
- Credit: Archant
Three sisters have made it through to the finals of a national catwalk contest.
Catwalk Perfect UK is in its second year and is growing in reputation as a contest to showcase the personality and good work of young women across Britain.
Young girls are banned from make up and hair pieces and instead they are encouraged to be their natural selves.
Lucy Merchant, 16, Jessica Merchant, 15, and Emily Merchant, 13, from Tydd St Giles all made it to the finals
Their mum Angie Merchant said: “It’s a charity pageant raising money for the Brain Tumour Charity and is a chance for girls to take part in a contest that is not all about glitz and glam but instead show off the real them.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy studies hairdressing at the College of West Anglia while Jessica and Emily are students at Ramsey Abbey College.
Open to the whole of the UK and Ireland, Catwalk Perfect UK aim to provide a platform for seasoned pageant girls as well as newcomers.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
The contest aims to encourage them to become a role model in their local community and throughout the UK.
A contest spokesman said: “We do not have sub-divisions for curves, petite, tattooed ladies as we believe that every woman is perfect in her own way.
“We encourage our queens and finalists to get involved in their local area by taking part in community and charity work and which means our hard work is spread across the United Kingdom.”
“The chosen charity for 2016 was the British Heart Foundation for whom we raised a fantastic £2,681.
“Our 2017 contestants are raising vital funds for The Brain Tumour Charity which is a cause very close to our director, Katherine’s, heart.”
The Catwalk Perfect UK 2017 finals will take place in Peterborough on Saturday November 4.
• If you have a charity challenge or would like the girls to open or appear at a charity event please contact Angie on 07585-661399.