Time to pen an ode for the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017
- Credit: Archant
ADeC, Fen Speak, and Atelier East are launching the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017!
This is a chance for writers from across the Fens to come together, share their poetry and help put Fenland on the creative map! And best of all, it’s free to enter the competition!
Organisers are looking for poems that represent and relate to theme ‘Fenland’.
First, second and third places will be awarded in both the adult (18+) and the young (10-17) categories. All shortlisted and commended entrants will receive certificates and will be invited to the special Fenland Poet Laureate Awards evening in March 2017.
Deadlines for entry: Midnight on Friday January 27 2017.
Poems should be no longer than 40 lines, and typed on a single side of A4 paper. Please write your age in the top right-hand corner of the page (adults can just write ‘18+’) but please do not write your name on your poem, as all poems will be judged anonymously.
Entrants must live, work, or study in the Fens.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
One poem per entrant it must be previously unpublished.
Send your poem, along with a cover email with your name, email address, telephone number, address, age group entered (10-17, or 18+) and the title of the poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, pick up an entry form from the library and post to:
Fenland Poet Laureate Competition, ADeC, The Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4AU.
For further details: www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/