Time to pen an ode for the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017
- Credit: Archant
ADeC, Fen Speak, and Atelier East are launching the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017!
This is a chance for writers from across the Fens to come together, share their poetry and help put Fenland on the creative map! And best of all, it’s free to enter the competition!
Organisers are looking for poems that represent and relate to theme ‘Fenland’.
First, second and third places will be awarded in both the adult (18+) and the young (10-17) categories. All shortlisted and commended entrants will receive certificates and will be invited to the special Fenland Poet Laureate Awards evening in March 2017.
Deadlines for entry: Midnight on Friday January 27 2017.
Poems should be no longer than 40 lines, and typed on a single side of A4 paper. Please write your age in the top right-hand corner of the page (adults can just write ‘18+’) but please do not write your name on your poem, as all poems will be judged anonymously.
Entrants must live, work, or study in the Fens.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
One poem per entrant it must be previously unpublished.
Send your poem, along with a cover email with your name, email address, telephone number, address, age group entered (10-17, or 18+) and the title of the poem to: email@example.com
Alternatively, pick up an entry form from the library and post to:
Fenland Poet Laureate Competition, ADeC, The Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4AU.
For further details: www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/