Time to pen an ode for the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017
- Credit: Archant
ADeC, Fen Speak, and Atelier East are launching the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2017!
This is a chance for writers from across the Fens to come together, share their poetry and help put Fenland on the creative map! And best of all, it’s free to enter the competition!
Organisers are looking for poems that represent and relate to theme ‘Fenland’.
First, second and third places will be awarded in both the adult (18+) and the young (10-17) categories. All shortlisted and commended entrants will receive certificates and will be invited to the special Fenland Poet Laureate Awards evening in March 2017.
Deadlines for entry: Midnight on Friday January 27 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Poems should be no longer than 40 lines, and typed on a single side of A4 paper. Please write your age in the top right-hand corner of the page (adults can just write ‘18+’) but please do not write your name on your poem, as all poems will be judged anonymously.
Entrants must live, work, or study in the Fens.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
One poem per entrant it must be previously unpublished.
Send your poem, along with a cover email with your name, email address, telephone number, address, age group entered (10-17, or 18+) and the title of the poem to: email@example.com
Alternatively, pick up an entry form from the library and post to:
Fenland Poet Laureate Competition, ADeC, The Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4AU.
For further details: www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/