Tip-off hours after fire at Tangled Up hair salon in March prompts arson probe by Cambridgeshire detectives
- Credit: Archant
A tip-off just hours after flames destroyed a Fenland hair salon has prompted an arson probe by Cambridgeshire detectives.
It took fire crews nearly three hours to put out the blaze which gutted Tangled Up hair salon in High Street, March, in the early hours of Thursday.
But it has now been revealed that a call to Cambridgeshire police later in the day raised suspicions of the fire being started deliberately.
A police spokesman said: “We were contacted by a member of the public yesterday afternoon who gave information which suggests the fire may not have been accidental.
“A crime has been raised for arson and an investigation is being carried out. Anyone with information is asked to contact police by reporting online via www.cambs.police.uk/report, quoting CF0020270118 or call 101.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters arrived on the scene at around 3.30am to find the salon well alight: initially they put it down to an accident.
Earlier today family members launched an on line ‘GoFundme’ campaign to raise £2,000 to help put Charlotte Stonier, who opened the salon four years ago, back in business.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 4 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 5 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip