‘Tis the season to be jolly! March to be lit up with festive cheer at Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
March is inviting you to step into the festive season at its annual Christmas lights switch-on next week.
The town’s glorious display of glistening lights, which stretch along Broad Street, will be all aglow next Friday night (25) to kick off the festive season.
As well as the big switch-on, the annual fun fair will return alongside a colourful display of narrowboats along the River Nene by the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
Father Christmas himself will be flying into Fenland on his sleigh to get proceedings underway, before settling down in his grotto and meeting the town’s youngsters.
March Town Council clerk, Clive Lemmon, said: “We’re looking forward to another great event.”
You may also want to watch:
So wrap up warm and kick off the Christmas season in style at 7pm.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road