To cut a long story short - Jazmin raises £800 for charity
- Credit: Archant
HELPING other children was a snip for Jazmin Lewis when she had her hair cut off to make a wig for a child who has lost theirs through cancer treatment.
The Cavalry Primary pupil had her pony tail trimmed off to send to British charity, the Little Princess Trust, which was set up in memory of a youngster who lost her battle to cancer.
The 10 year old decided to help other children less fortunate than herself and set up a Just Giving page which brought in more than £800 from family and friends.
The idea first took root when the youngster was chatting with her mum Aimee about how sad it must be for children who lose their hair when they are ill.
Ater having the chat the pair went online to google charities which is when they found the Little Princess Trust, the charity to which pop star Jessie J donated her hair when she had her head shaved earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Her hair was cut by Emily Butcher of Seven hair salon in Wisbech Road.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire