Toddlers from Fenland nursery school visit giant pumpkin farm preparing for Halloween
TODDLERS from a Fenland nursery school prepared for the excitement of Halloween by visiting a giant pumpkin farm.
Blackberry House Day Nursery, who offer pre-school education in Wisbech and March for three and four year olds, took some of their children to Oakley Farms in Outwell to discover how pumpkins eventually arrive in the supermarket.
Children watched as hundreds of pumpkins were washed, labelled and boxed by farm workers in preparation to leave the farm in enormous lorries.
Each child was also given a small pumpkin to take home.
Lauren Kelsey, head of pre-school at Blackberries’ Childcare, said: “It was great to bring pumpkins to the children in a real environment so they could learn more about where they come from and see how many different sizes there are.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Blackberries contact 01945 428747 or 01354 660309.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met