Toddlers from Fenland nursery school visit giant pumpkin farm preparing for Halloween
TODDLERS from a Fenland nursery school prepared for the excitement of Halloween by visiting a giant pumpkin farm.
Blackberry House Day Nursery, who offer pre-school education in Wisbech and March for three and four year olds, took some of their children to Oakley Farms in Outwell to discover how pumpkins eventually arrive in the supermarket.
Children watched as hundreds of pumpkins were washed, labelled and boxed by farm workers in preparation to leave the farm in enormous lorries.
Each child was also given a small pumpkin to take home.
Lauren Kelsey, head of pre-school at Blackberries’ Childcare, said: “It was great to bring pumpkins to the children in a real environment so they could learn more about where they come from and see how many different sizes there are.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Blackberries contact 01945 428747 or 01354 660309.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school