School staff gifted two ‘monster toilets rolls’ following nationwide closures
- Credit: Supplied
Staff at a Cambridgeshire school were gifted giant “monster toilet rolls” as nationwide closures rolled out across the county due to coronavirus.
A teacher, who wishes to remain anonymous, revealed they had been gifted the ginormous rolls and they had “never seen such jubilation” amongst colleagues.
Sharing pictures on social media of the mega rolls, they said: “I have never had a financial bonus throughout my entire professional career as a teacher.
“Today, however, all staff were issued with two monster toilet rolls as we close, very reluctantly - I’ve never seen such jubilation!”
The news comes after we revealed the shocking state of some supermarkets in the county, with most people being left unable to buy any toilet rolls.
You may also want to watch:
The panic buying caused by the COVID-19 outbreak has left shop shelves empty, with most everyday supplies becoming unavailable in most of the region’s stores.
Communities and organisations are pulling together and creating support groups to run errands for some of the more vulnerable and elderly residents.
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: email@example.com
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester