Top notch food hygiene rating for mother and daughter team at March college for adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter team have earnt a five star rating for their top notch kitchens at a March college for adults with learning disabilities.
Alexis Reid, who has been at FACET for 12 years, received a four star rating earlier this year but said she was so frustrated to not get top marks that she invited them back.
She said: “The college is hired for children’s parties, we’ve had a wedding here, all sorts of functions, and earlier this year we opened up the kitchens to the public so if people are hiring the venue they can also use our kitchens.”
Because of that, the kitchens have to be inspected and meet Food Standards Agency requirements.
Alexis said: “When I got the four I knew I could do better so sat my Level Two in food safety and catering and invited them back and got top marks straight away, I was over the moon.”
You may also want to watch:
Alexis is programme lead in catering at the Marwick Road college which means she is the boss of her mum but she said: “It’s never a problem, we work really well together as a team.”
Her mum Steph added: “We never argue, it’s a great way to go to work with your daughter and has meant we have been able to get this great five star rating.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government