Top of the breed at Crufts for Miller the spaniel from Walpole St Andrew
- Credit: onEdition
Crufts brought success for a four-year-old dog from Walpole St Andrew when it won the best in breed category.
Miller, a spaniel clumber, belongs to the country’s top breeders Hilda and Paul Monaghan who have had success with six other dogs in the past at the world famous dog show.
Mrs Monaghan said: “It was unbelievable. I didn’t expect it so it was a really nice surprise.
“It certainly takes dedication.”
The couple have been top breeders for the last 13 years and won breeders grand final at Crufts in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The kennel name for their winner is Tweedsmuir Dambuster JW.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November