Top of the breed at Crufts for Miller the spaniel from Walpole St Andrew
- Credit: onEdition
Crufts brought success for a four-year-old dog from Walpole St Andrew when it won the best in breed category.
Miller, a spaniel clumber, belongs to the country’s top breeders Hilda and Paul Monaghan who have had success with six other dogs in the past at the world famous dog show.
Mrs Monaghan said: “It was unbelievable. I didn’t expect it so it was a really nice surprise.
“It certainly takes dedication.”
The couple have been top breeders for the last 13 years and won breeders grand final at Crufts in 2011.
The kennel name for their winner is Tweedsmuir Dambuster JW.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body